Switch to full style
Tutto ma proprio tutto sui concerti
Rispondi al messaggio

Back at work!!!!!

lunedì 13 settembre 2010, 10:12

September 11 / The Stone Pony / Asbury Park, NJ
Notes: Bruce's annual private fundraising show for his son's school was Saturday night at the Stone Pony in Asbury Park, a two-hour-forty-minute performance in which Bruce was backed by a band led by Bobby Bandiera and including Max Weinberg on drums (fresh from his own band's performance at the Pony the night before).

These shows, once legendary for otherwise-unheard covers, have featured more of Bruce's own songs in recent years, although a horn-laden 634-5789 was a highlight, along with Bruce and Southside Johnny trading vocals on "In the Midnight Hour." Performances were loose but spirited, fitting for the event's setting.

From Bruce's own songbook, selections included his standard bar-band fare, but also two songs from his most recent album, a fun opening in "Working on the Highway," and several surprise highlights from his early albums, including "Growin' Up," "Rosalita," and a poignant take on "Sandy."

Setlist:
Working on the Highway
My Lucky Day
634-5789
Seven Nights to Rock
Growin' Up
Spirit in the Night
Working on a Dream
In the Midnight Hour (with Southside Johnny)
Talk To Me (with SSJ)
Two Hearts
Darlington County
Pink Cadillac
The Fever (with SSJ)
I Don't Want to Go Home (with SSJ)
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Cadillac Ranch
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
Glory Days
Havin' a Party (with Southside Johnny)
Born to Run
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
Detroit Medley (with SSJ)
Twist and Shout
Thunder Road

Re: Back at work!!!!!

lunedì 13 settembre 2010, 18:04

proprio non riesce a stare fermo :D

mercoledì 15 settembre 2010, 1:07

sempre il solito...e chi lo tiene fermo eheheh :-)

che invidia pensare a quelli che abitano nel jersey....

mercoledì 8 dicembre 2010, 15:21

with those fundraising activities, i can say that bruce indeed is a good man. :D :D :D thats why i admire him the more.
Rispondi al messaggio